Time for some old and newer tech links
- Wireless repeater in a backpack
“Rigging up a DV camcorder to a laptop for webcasting was easy. We hit a snag when we realised that the signal dipped out at street level because of the wireless card’s antenna. The solution to this was to hold a more powerful antenna up at around 10 feet. Seeing as none of us wanted arm-ache, Matt Leonard built this fantastic backpack”. I’m just waiting for the first live, real-time video web cam and wi-fi antennas fitted in new backpacks as standard.
- Text messaging from fixed land lines
“It shows that there might be a need for mobile phone like services in the living room. Maybe for interacting with the TV shows that uses SMS, MMS, whatever. But you can also use your mobile phone in the living room. No one needs a fixed phone anymore“
- How about a 12Gb compact flash card for your camera/phone/pda? Going cheap at $14,900 (£8080).”
- Why Windows is a security nightmare
- Use Google to search your hard drive
- Are you ready for your close-up?
- Remote control road cones!
- More Doom 3 info from E3